Fourth quarter 2020 (same period previous year)
- Net sales amounted to SEK 0 thousand (SEK 0 thousand).
- Operating income after depreciation/amortisation and financial items totalled SEK –5,336 thousand (SEK –2,939 thousand).
- Earnings per share after depreciation/amortisation and financial items amounted to SEK –0.34 (SEK –0.30).
- Cash flow from operating activities was SEK –5,786 thousand (SEK –3,493 thousand).
Full year 2020 (same period previous year)
- Net sales amounted to SEK 0 thousand (SEK 0 thousand).
- Operating income after depreciation/amortisation and financial items totalled SEK –14,028 thousand (SEK –11,809 thousand).
- Earnings per share after depreciation/amortisation and financial items amounted to SEK –0.89 (SEK –1.26).
- Cash flow from operating activities was SEK –14,203 thousand (SEK –12,317 thousand).
Significant events during the period
- Eurobattery Minerals joined the Initiative for Responsible Mining Assurance (IRMA). As a member, Eurobattery Minerals will participate in, and support credible independent third-party verification and certification against a comprehensive best-practice standard that addresses the range of environmental and social issues related to industrial-scale mines. 
- FinnCobalt Oy, a company Eurobattery Minerals has the option to acquire to 100% in a staged acquisition, informed the Company about its expansion in eastern Finland with a new reservation permit granted for exploration over the highly prospective Hietajärvi Project. The Project covers over 289km2 of ground highly prospective for cobalt, copper, nickel and zinc deposits. 
- In June and July 2020, the Company carried out a rights issue of units, consisting of shares and warrants. The exercise period for the warrants ended on 16 October, and a total of 1,895,819 warrants were exercised, corresponding to a subscription rate of approximately 96 per cent. The Company thereby received proceeds of approximately SEK 22.7 million before issue costs. 
- The Company extended its ongoing collaboration with Uppsala University, supporting the university’s application to the Swedish innovation agency, Vinnova, for funding for a project focusing on new, modern methods of extracting REE from the shale in Fetsjön and other apatite rich discoveries in Sweden. Vinnova is expected to announce a decision at the beginning of spring 2021. 
- Eurobattery Minerals and AGH University of Science and Technology in Krakow, Poland, extended its existing collaboration with a project that aims to identify the main mineral carriers of the battery mineral vanadium, and to come up with efficient extraction methods. In this research project, scientists will use black shale rock material from Eurobattery Minerals’ exploration project Fetsjön in northern Sweden. Previous results from 52 exploration boreholes and chemical analyses confirm that the black shale at Fetsjön includes large quantities of vanadium. 
- FinnCobalt Oy has updated Eurobattery Minerals on assay results from last summer’s drilling programme at the Hautalampi Ni-Co-Cu Project (“Hautalampi”; “the Project”), eastern Finland. Drilling has confirmed significant extensions to the known mineralisation from 800 metres to 1,400 metres along a strike to the northeast of the historical resource. The mineralisation remains open along strike and down dip. 
- Eurobattery Minerals announced that FinnCobalt Oy has submitted the Hautalampi project’s EIA-Programme to the North Karelia Centre for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment. 
- Eurobattery Minerals announced that FinnCobalt Oy has received a decision on a EUR 630,000 (SEK 6.4 million) development grant for its Finnish Hautalampi mine and processing plant project from the South Savolax Centre for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment (“ELY-centre”). The European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) programme granted the funds. 
Significant events after the period
- The Company announced its expansion to the Börse Stuttgart, under the ticker EBM, via an extension of its listing on Nordic Growth Market (NGM) in Sweden. The Company also announced that it will open an office in Berlin during the first quarter of 2021. The Company will remain a Swedish public limited company (AB) headquartered in Stockholm. 
- FinnCobalt Oy updated Eurobattery Minerals on the final assay results from last summer’s drilling programme at the Hautalampi Ni-Co-Cu Project in eastern Finland. The drilling has confirmed significant resource expansion potential from 800 metres to 1,400 metres along a strike to the northeast of the historical mineral resource, as well as continuity of the westernmost mineralised horizon in a southwesterly direction towards the historic Hautalampi mineral resource. Eurobattery Minerals has the option to acquire 100% of FinnCobalt Oy in a staged acquisition. 
- The Company announced a positive initial result from its collaboration with AGH University of Science and Technology in Krakow on developing an efficient method of extracting vanadium and rare earth elements (REE) from minerals in black shale. The technology used in the experiment allows cost-effective and sustainable enrichment of vanadium and REE at relatively low temperatures, without the use of any chemicals. The research further concludes that the previously confirmed large quantities of vanadium in the Fetsjön black shale is partly tied to the mineral rutile and partly to clays and mica fraction. 
Summary of comments from Eurobattery Minerals CEO Roberto García Martínez:
“Q4 rounds of a very active year for Eurobattery Minerals and I am proud of the progress the company made in 2020 in delivering on our vision of being the foundation of the battery and electric vehicle value chain by producing ethical and fully traceable battery minerals in Europe.
Specifically, I’d like to highlight our progress in Finland during the quarter where we have received the final assays from our drilling campaign in Hautalampi project that confirmed a significant resource expansion. Further to this the same project has been awarded a development grant and we have also submitted the EIA-programme for it – in all, we are ready for the next step in Hautalampi”.
Eurobattery Minerals AB Year-end Report January – December 2020 is attached to this press release and is available to download from the Company’s website:
For further information, please contact:
Roberto García Martínez, CEO
This information is of the kind that the Company is required to disclose in accordance with the EU’s Market Abuse Regulation. The information was issued for publication through the agency of the contact person set out above on 25th of February 2021 at 08:00 CEST.
About Eurobattery Minerals
Eurobattery Minerals AB is a Swedish mining company listed on NGM Nordic SME (BAT) and Börse Stuttgart (EBM). As the foundation of the battery value chain the company’s vision is to help Europe become self-sufficient in ethical and fully traceable battery minerals for the electric vehicle industry. The company is focused on exploration and development of several nickel-cobalt-copper projects in Europe to supply raw material critical to the expanding electric vehicle battery market. Please visit www.eurobatteryminerals.com for more information.
Augment Partners AB, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +46 8 505 651 72, is the company’s Mentor.
 Eurobattery Minerals becomes memeber of global responsible mining initative. Press release 07/10/20
 New granted reservation permit for exploration in Finland. Press release 14/10/20.
 Eurobattery Minerals receives approximately SEK 22.7 million through warrant redemption. Press release 16/10/20.
 Eurobattery Minerals supports Uppsala University’s Vinnova application for new scientific approach to extracting battery minerals. Press release 19/11/20.
 Research on vanadium enters next phase in Eurobattery Minerals’ Fetsjön project. Press release 25/11/20.
 Assays confirm resource expansion at the Hautalampi project, Finland. Press release 30/11/20.
 Finncobalt OY’s Hautalampi mine development project environmental assessment (“EIA”) programme published and submitted. Press release 14/12/20.
 Finnish Hautalampi project awarded a development grant of SEK 6.4 million. Press release 16/12/20.
 Eurobattery Minerals expands to Germany via dual listing and new office. Press release 15/01/21.
 Resource upside at Hautalampi-Project in Finland. Press release 25/01/21
 Sustainable and cost-effective method of Fetsjön vanadium enrichment identified in research collaboration. Press release 01/02/21
Press release files