Representativ undersökning: 48 procent är villiga att betala mer för hållbar batteriproduktion - 57 procent stöder mer gruvdrift för kritiska mineraler i Europa
Pressmeddelande i sin helhet på engelska nedan:
Electromobility is the buzz word of our time. But where do the raw materials that are urgently needed for the electric revolution come from? Lithium, cobalt, nickel, and copper - without these minerals, the manufacture of batteries and thus the production of electric cars is not possible.
The mining company Eurobattery Minerals (Nordic Growth Market: BAT and Börse Stuttgart: EBM) wanted to know what the end customer, i.e. the car buyer, thinks about the procurement of these minerals, especially from countries like Congo, Chile, China or Russia - in other words, from countries where little attention is paid to decent working conditions, environmental protection or the prohibition of child labour.
The results of the representative survey commissioned by Eurobattery Minerals and conducted by the analysis institute YouGov show that sustainability is the top priority for most people considering the purchase of an electric car/hybrid. The willingness of German citizens to buy an electric or hybrid as their next car has also increased by 18 percent compared to the previous year. Whereas last year 66 percent categorically refused to even think about buying or leasing an electric or hybrid car, this year only 48 percent did so. The main results of the survey:
- 69 percent of respondents consider sustainability very important to important when buying an electric or hybrid car.
- Fair working conditions along the supply chain are very important to important for 59 percent.
- 53 percent attach importance to uncritical countries of origin for the components of an e-car.
- For 85 percent, the price of an electric/hybrid car is very important to important, for 83 percent, the range.
- 48 percent of respondents would be willing to pay a higher price for the car if the battery components were produced more sustainably.
- 57 per cent of respondents are in favour of increased mining of battery minerals in Europe - i.e. more mines - to reduce dependence on China.
- 48% of respondents do not own an electric/hybrid car, neither want to lease nor are thinking about buying or leasing. Compared to a very similar Eurobattery Minerals survey in 2021, this is 18% fewer Germans than last year.
Eurobattery Minerals announced the result of the electric car and sustainability survey today.
"We had a similar survey done a year ago and were curious to see what had changed in the behaviour of the citizens due to inflation, gas and electricity crisis and Ukraine war. It showed that many more people are now thinking about buying an electric car and that their main motivation is the sustainable production of all components - especially the battery. An astonishing 57 percent of respondents were in favour of more mining in Europe to ensure decent working conditions and respect for the environment when mining critical minerals. This is a clear vote and should give politicians food for thought," says Roberto García Martínez, CEO of Eurobattery Minerals.
About the survey
The survey was conducted by the analysis institute YouGov in the period from 3 to 5 August 2022. The survey is based on a total of 2051 online interviews with German citizens aged 18 and over from the YouGov Panel Germany. The members of the panel have agreed to participate in online interviews.
About Eurobattery Minerals
Eurobattery Minerals AB is a Swedish mining company listed on Swedish Nordic Growth Market (BAT) and German Börse Stuttgart (EBM). With the vision to make Europe self-sufficient in responsibly mined battery minerals, the company’s focus is to realize numerous nickel-cobalt-copper projects in Europe to supply critical raw materials and, as such, power a cleaner world.
Please visit www.eurobatteryminerals.com for more information. Feel free to follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter as well.
Contact Eurobattery Minerals AB
Roberto García Martínez – CEO
Contact Investor Relations
Phone: +49 (0) 172 834 18 92
Augment Partners AB is the mentor to Eurobattery Minerals AB: Phone: +46 (0) 86 042 255, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Press release files
Ladda ner pdf
Ladda ner pdf